Join Betsey and Suzie for a weeklong adventure into asana, meditation, pranayama and lively discussion and sharing. As Wild, Wonderful and Wise women we will explore the challenges and triumphs of getting older and many other relevant issues. Through accessing our courage and enthusiasm for life from the deeper practices of connecting to the Divine, we will nourish and empower ourselves, and share our gifts with other Spirited Women.
Maya Tulum. We are excited to be holding this year’s Spirited Women’s Retreat at Maya Tulum Resort. Located on Mexico’s beautiful Yucatan Peninsula, it is a seaside wellness retreat that offers serenity, awe-inspiring scenery, and an intimate connection with Nature as well as Mayan history. Located on the Riviera Maya, between the pristine blue ocean and the emerald green tropical forests and jungles, it has delightful ocean breezes and gorgeous white sand beaches stretching in both directions.
Maya Tulum has two beautiful yoga spaces and a wonderful dining facility with ocean views. Located in a very safe, easily accessible area of Mexico, town is a short 10-minute drive or about 30 minutes by bike. Maya Tulum is committed to excellence with unwavering attention to detail, understated elegance, and exceptional personal service. Go to www.mayatulum.com for more information.
- Begins with dinner on Saturday around 7:00pm and ends with breakfast the following Saturday
- Includes a 45-minute morning Pranayama and Meditation session
- Includes a 3-hour morning Intermediate level asana class and a 2-hour afternoon class of quieter practices. Both sessions incorporate discussion on relevant issues of our individual and collective well-being, including aging, the Divine Feminine, spiritual awakening, epigenetics, politics, climate change, etc.
- Includes three healthy, delicious meals daily; meals are primarily vegan and vegetarian, with fresh seafood or fish served once each day
- Includes ample time for relaxation, walking the beach, ocean swimming, and adventuring
- Includes an abbreviated schedule on Wednesday to enjoy local options, such as the Tulum Ruins, jungle trips or snorkeling
- Includes cabanas that have double, queen, or king beds and provide a sitting area with cozy chairs, inviting coffee tables and a tiled bathroom with open shower area.
- Wi-Fi is available in the restaurant and front desk reception area
Our Yoga. Having trained for many years in both the Iyengar and the Anusara systems of yoga, Betsey & Suzie teach with a strong emphasis on alignment, which makes each class therapeutic and safe. Both longtime and seasoned certified yoga teachers, Suzie & Betsey are known for their ability to break down difficult asanas into accessible components through progressive teaching. The level of asana skillfully progresses each day, with sessions building on each other, culminating in a deep feeling of self-empowerment for everyone. Suzie & Betsey, with their masterful guidance through the week, lead you to new places in the depth of your self-acceptance and the height of your potential. They invite lively and meaningful discussion, and seek to inspire all of us to fly high above our fears while employing the best safety net possible: radical self-appreciation!
Accommodations and Costs: accommodations are first come, first served. Prices are below and include: accommodations, 3 meals per day, basic staff tips, and all taxes. Shuttle service to and from the airport is easily arranged online through Maya Tulum. The one-way cost is $40/person Friday-Sunday and $120/cab Monday-Thursday. Any trips or spa services are also extra.
Garden View – $1,495
Ocean View – $1,595
Beach Front Deluxe – $1,695
Beach Front Super Deluxe – $1,735
*“Super” deluxe is a slightly larger room. Prices based on Double Occupancy.
There are also a few triples available (cost is $1420 for a Garden View triple) in addition to a Vacation House that houses 3-4 and has a kitchen with refrigerator, as well as Villa #1 that can accommodate up to 2-3.
Choice of Rooms: Since rooms are on a first come/first served basis, you are strongly encouraged to book as soon as registration opens on Monday, March 17, in order to reserve the room you want. Based on feedback from last year, we have limited the total number of participants this year.
For more information or if you have questions, contact Betsey at email@example.com 919-903-9557 or 919-444-9215.